lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:chess240"

314 forum posts
General Chess Discussion - Score on Lichess.org#12

Clarkey, take a look at the bottom of page 36 of Glickman's paper "A Comprehensive Guide to Chess Ratings." I'm not going to get into a whole argument with you, but chess ratings are not simply cold s…

chess240
General Chess Discussion - Score on Lichess.org#11

I'm glad you think it's perfect as even Professor Glickman himself doesn't: "As the assumptions underlying the rating system are continually questioned and tested, changes in the rating algorithm can …

chess240
Lichess Feedback - Chaning my Username #14

Always preferred camel case. Lower case looks a bit childish, uppercase makes the letters harder to distinguish. Twitch lets you change the capitalization of your username. Stack Overflow lets you cha…

chess240
General Chess Discussion - 30 sec games#17

While most thirty second games may end in a loss on time, anyone who plays bullet knows how many players will let their clocks run to zero even when they're one move away from being mated. Chess is ch…

chess240
General Chess Discussion - Score on Lichess.org#6

The rating system clearly has its flaws. There's a ChessJuice stream where GM Naroditsky calls it Sisyphean. He would get +0 for a win and -40 for a loss. Not to mention it was developed by a B.U. pro…

chess240
General Chess Discussion - My first try at Lichess theme (stylish)#7

http://freestyler.ws/user/282473/chess_instructor

chess240
General Chess Discussion - Marked as cheater without reason#34

You're right that it's not as challenging to play a perfect game in fewer moves, but on the other hand using an engine will lead to a shorter game, no?

chess240
General Chess Discussion - What's the phase of the game you like the most?#6

Very technical endgames are my favorite.

chess240
General Chess Discussion - Marked as cheater without reason#27

All you'd need to have is a program that plays only a little faster and a little more accurately than whatever the opponent played the previous move. And to cover for the cases where the opponent is u…

chess240
General Chess Discussion - Justice is served#23

If you really don't think it's possible for a 1300 to play a single perfect game against another 1300 then go do a search for the term "sample size."

chess240